Friday, May 10, 2024

Lease Renewed!

I just came home from a follow up visit with one of my doctors. The CT scan done early this morning shows no signs of change or disease progression of any kind in the chest or abdomen. This covers mesothelioma, kidney cancer, lung cancer (all of which have been treated) and any other organ that might look suspicious. Whew. 

Results from the PSMA PET-CT performed two days ago are more difficult for me to interpret. This test was done to identify the source of rising PSA after treatment for prostate cancer. It appears as though the radiation therapy performed in 2022 was effective. However, there is one spot just outside of the gland that is suspicious. It hasn't changed in 2 years but the focus will likely shift to that area because there is no other "suspect" for the rising PSA and that area was not within the treatment zone. I expect to hear from my radiation oncologist next week. I am not out of the woods yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment