Monday, May 27, 2024

Prostate Cancer Problem

PC is yet another problem that won't go away. Since I last posted about this I've spoken with my radiation oncology nurse and received some clarification of what the imaging test shows. I previously mentioned that there was a troubling spot outside of the gland itself, but also that it has not changed in two years. That was an incorrect self interpretation. There is a new spot outside of the gland in what appears to be a para aortic lymph node. This almost certainly means that the PC has escaped from the prostate gland. This changes everything and reduces the number of potential treatments. I have an idea about where this is going and I'm not happy about it. I'll see the doctor on Wednesday to get the full story and the suggested course of action. 

No comments:

Post a Comment