Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Prostate Cancer Recurrence Knocking At The Door

I mentioned back in February that there is a disturbing trend in my PSA levels. This is after two radiation treatments (2010, 2022) and one six month Lupron treatment (2010). A recent test confirms rising PSA (I saw it online right away) and I immediately received a call from my radiation oncology nurse. I'm scheduled next week for a PET-CT to try to determine where the problem is. I won't have any insight until I discuss the results with my radiation oncologist. 

Two days after the PET-CT I have another CT follow up from pelvis to neck. This happens every six months to monitor any invaders in my chest and abdomen. Previous invaders include kidney cancer, lung cancer, and mesothelioma. I call it my six-month-lease-renewal. So there's a lot on the line next week. I can't predict the results so I'll hang tight and use the time to think through some of the challenges I may be facing.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment