Friday, June 14, 2024

Decision Made

My decision is to go forward with radiation treatment for the single lymph node that has been definitively invaded by prostate cancer. I'm hoping to get some additional information that will confirm the wisdom of this decision, but I don't want to wait too long and give the PC more time to spread. I contacted my radiation oncologist today using the hospital's internal messaging system. I hope to hear from them soon. Update: Heard from the doc last night. He answered some questions and will begin to setup the treatment.

Unrelated to PC: Today I saw an ophthalmologist who specializes in treating uveal melanoma. It's a rare form of malignant cancer that forms in the back of the eye and can be fatal. Patients who have a BAP1 mutation are especially susceptible to this disease as well as half a dozen other cancers. This single mutation is the reason I've had so many other cancers. I see this doctor annually and I'm happy to report that my eyes are normal. Great news! I'll take any win I can get.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment