Tuesday, February 13, 2024

It Never Ends, Does It?

I have two recent updates. First, at the end of January I had an arthroscopic procedure done on my left shoulder. It's been periodically inflamed and painful since 2016. Physical therapy and cortisone injections helped manage the problem but have become ineffective. So anyway, the surgeon cleaned up the joint and snipped one of the bicep tendons. Three weeks later it's, wait for it...  still inflamed and painful. I understand that recovery is at least three months. At the moment I can barely use my left arm at all. I'll provide some updates on this from time to time.

Second, as you may know, I've been treated for prostate cancer in 2010 and again in 2022. The indicator for effectiveness of the treatment is PSA level. I week ago I saw the radiation oncologist to discuss my slightly increased PSA level since the 2022 procedure. There is some cause for concern, but post-treatment PSA levels can bounce around for a while. Next test in 3 months. I'm following my own advice and putting this in a "box" until I need to think about it again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment